Annual Mission Offering…
Each year for the past decade, on the first Sunday of November we’ve taken a special budget “catch-up” and Mission offering. But last year, you had given well through the year and so we only took a special offering for missions. This year we will do the same… just a mission offering, but with a different twist. Rather than take the special and sacrificial offering on the first Sunday of November, this year we will use the entire month. In other words, you can give your extra mission offering on any of the Sundays in November.
Last year our mission offering was approximately $115,000 and we distributed it among our 5 mission partners. With your help and your sacrificial gift above and beyond your regular tithes and building gifts, we can and should do it again and even more. So, beginning next Sunday and continuing all through November, our mission offering goal will be a minimum of $115,000. You will be receiving a letter from me in the coming week with a designated envelope for making
Let me remind you of who our partners are (in no particular order):
- The International Mission Board… our Southern Baptist Mission agency responsible for 4,000 missionaries around the world.
- BMDMI… Baptist Medical Dental Ministries International. The name says it all and our own Ken and Kristen Nelson and family serve in Honduras in this work.
- FCA… Fellowship of Christian Athletes. The local director, Mike Phares is one of our members. Recently “Fields of Faith” saw scores of students and student-athletes make decisions for Christ right here in our own area.
- Northeastern Baptist College… This Vermont partner is raising up and training young men and women to reignite the gospel in the Northeast. It is a genuine faith work of which depends upon relationships like ours.
- Monday Night Ministries… Each Monday evening hundreds of area kids and adults are picked up via buses and meet on the RBC campus for a physical meal and a spiritual meal. Classes convene to share the love of God and the gospel with many right here in our community that
havenot known the love of believers and God.
As you can see… our partnerships relate to the Great Commission mandate that Jesus gave us in Matthew 28:19-20 to make disciples of Christ, along with the concentric field of ministry that Jesus referred to in Acts 1:8 when He said, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.””
The ministries listed above help us obey and carry out our God-entrusted task… Monday Night Ministries and FCA represent our “Jerusalem”, our local work. Northeastern Baptist College represents our “Judea” and “Samaria”, our national work. And The IMB and BMDMI represent going to the “ends of the earth”, our international work.
So, begin praying now about your special and sacrificial gift above and beyond your tithes, for our “ALL In For Missions” offering and bring it on one of the Sundays of November. And let’s continue blessing the work of God and fulfilling our mission for His Glory. And remember, God is always trying to take you someplace new. I love being your Pastor!!!
For God’s Glory Alone,