What Does a Successful Christian Look Like?...
I got to thinking about that after reading a book that discussed the characteristics of “successful” people and the way they operate in life. It prompted me to contemplate how I would characterize a “successful” follower of Christ. As a result, I give you these 5 characteristics to consider as basic expectations of a fully devoted “successful” follower of Christ.
Observations of “Successful” Christians:
- Their Perspective is shaped by the Word of God… they are students of the scripture not just for the sake of information but also for the purpose of
application. Their desire is to allow the revelation of God’s Word to shape their actions and their worldview.
- Their Peace is the product of real Trust in God… because they trust that God knows them and what He is doing in their lives, their hearts are guarded by a peace that passes all understanding.
- Their Power is found in relying on the Holy Spirit within… they have learned that it is not by might, nor by fleshly power, but by the Spirit of God. They know that fellowship with the Spirit of God provides essential daily power to face whatever comes their way.
- Their Prosperity is found in their personal relationship with God…
consequentlythey have learned to make time for God. God is not a part of their life, He is their life, and rather than try to work God into their life and schedule, they allow Him to set their agenda.
- Their Purpose is discovered as they walk with God… as a result, they elevate His Purposes and His will above everything else. They understand that they were designed and created for the Glory of God and that only in the pursuit of His purposes do they find fulfillment. Therefore, they willingly and joyfully adjust their lives to accomplish His will and carry out His mission for their life.
By the way, all of these are more than possible for your spiritual life… how bad do you want them?
I hope you have come today expecting God to move not just in this place, but also in your own life. I can promise you that if you open your heart,
For God’s Glory Alone,