Mistakes that Worked…
In her insightful and humorous little book, Mistakes that Worked, Charlotte Jones tells how penicillin was accidentally discovered. In
I guess we are all grateful for this wonderful accidental discovery. But here is a fact we often overlook… God never makes mistakes and He is never accidental in His ways. That too is good news for us because it means we can trust His Word is always true, His Way is always right and His plans for us are not capricious. He is never surprised, and He never is caught off-guard. That cannot be said of anything or anyone else in the world.
Even more profound is the fact that it has personal implications for your life… it means that you are not an accident, you are not a “mistake that worked!” You are here on purpose… so, what are you going to do about it???? Let me suggest some ways to be all that God designed you to be.
- Give your life to Jesus… start here and establish a connection with God. This is the reason that Jesus came into the world and died for your sins and offers you a new life that aligns with the purpose He created you.
- Renew your fellowship… if you already know Jesus as
Savior,but have wandered from an abiding fellowship with Him, do what 1 John 1:9 counsels, “confess your sins” to Him, knowing that He is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
- Get to know Him more deeply… relationships grow when they are given time. To know God better, spend more time with Him by reading your Bible and talking to Him in prayer.
- Do what you know… obedience to God is the key to walking in His will and discovering His plan for you. Stop worrying about what you do not understand and start doing what you already know to do.
- Say yes to Jesus in everything… even when you do not fully understand what Jesus is doing in your life. Since God doesn’t make mistakes you can confidently say yes to His promptings, knowing that He will never mislead you.
These things will help you become what God created you to be and bring the ultimate joy to your existence.
FREEDOM to Grow, Go and Sow… is coming. Stay-tuned, more to come in the weeks ahead. And remember, God is always trying to take you someplace new. I love being your Pastor!
For God’s Glory Alone,