I continue to be asked my thoughts about our recent election… you can listen to them more thoroughly in my recent Shepherd Talk podcast at https://www.rbcdothan.org/media/podcasts/. But allow me to reiterate thoughts that I shared at the end of last Sunday’s message.
- What is, may prevail and may be the end result of the election. As of this writing it is not a settled matter. Remember, though it may be the end outcome, the media does not have any constitutional authority to declare who the next president is. By the way, always leave room for God to work. Nothing is over until God decides it is over!
- Our Master has not changed. None of these events took God by surprise! Our King Jesus and His Kingdom have not been affected one bit. He is still our Lord, our Savior and our Sovereign King. The outcome of elections in no way changes our relationship to Him, nor do they change His authority over all the kingdoms of man. He is the Alpha and the Omega, He changes not!
- Our Mandates have not changed, and they will not regardless of who leads our nation. Our biblical convictions cause us to stand for the unborn and the aged. We stand for Biblical values regarding marriage, sexuality and gender. We stand for religious freedom which was instrumental in the formation of America. And, we stand for Judicial Integrity knowing that the laws of our country were derived from Judeo-Christian ethics conceived from the Ten Commandments, which are engraved on the doors of the Supreme Court and posted inside the court itself.
- Our Mission as God’s people and His Church have not changed. We are committed to Reaching the Lost. We are committed to Building and maturing believers, and we are committed to Connect the followers of Christ with their God-designed purpose and life mission.
- Our Message has not changed. Only Jesus can save and secure our future. And the good news of Christ’s love, sacrificial death and resurrection is still our joy to proclaim. The gospel message brings hope to the hopeless and reassures our hearts that our security and salvation is not in Washington, but Christ alone.
- Our Methods have not changed. As God’s people we will continue to do our God-given ministry as long as He enables us. As God’s people we will “seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.” And as God’s people we will pray, as the Bible instructs us, for those in government, regardless of who they may be.
These things are not changed by any election or any party. They are part of our spiritual DNA and derived from God’s Word, they set the agenda that we live by.
“So we do not lose heart… as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:16–18)
Be encouraged today and “Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.” (Colossians 3:2–3) Hallelujah! And remember, God is always trying to take us someplace new! I love being your Pastor!
For God’s Glory Alone,